Blog posts

How Is An FCE Used?

Submitted by rsg on

After you file a claim for disability benefits you may be told that you need to have an FCE or an RFC completed to determine your level of disability. When you file a claim for disability benefits the Social Security Administration uses several different methods of assessing disability to determine whether or not someone is so disabled they can’t work. The FCE, or Functional Capacity Evaluation, is one of the tools commonly used by the SSA.

How Do I Apply for a Compassionate Allowance?

Submitted by emm on

Filing a claim for Social Security disability benefits requires patience, as well as an understanding that the Social Security Administration (SSA) denies a significant number of claims for financial assistance.

Does the excessive wait period apply to applicants that live with the most debilitating medical conditions? For years, the SSA made every applicant wait regardless of the severity of the medical condition. However, the SSA implemented the compassionate allowance program, which fast-tracks claims for disability benefits.

When Should I Talk To a Disability Lawyer?

Submitted by emm on

Sustaining a major injury or becoming disabled can prevent you from working and earning an income. If this happens, you may be able to seek financial assistance by applying for Social Security Disability benefits.

Be aware that filing a claim doesn’t automatically result in collecting the benefits you may be owed. To improve your chances of receiving benefits in a timely manner, enlist the help of a Social Security disability lawyer. A legal expert may offer valuable assistance when you file a claim.