Torrance Social Security Disability

Torrance, California, which is located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County, reported a population of about 145,400 in the 2010 census. Automobile and aerospace engineering and manufacturing play a significant role in the Torrance economy, though a diverse range of industries call the region home.

The Torrance community is serviced by the Region 9 office of the Social Security Administration (SSA), with the regional office being physically located in San Francisco. The regional office is assigned more than 83,500 new claims for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) annually and distributes payments to more than 780,000 beneficiaries.

SSDI is paid to individuals who suffer from complete or long term disability and who have been unable to work for a period of a year or more as a result. If you have a qualifying disability and have built up sufficient work credits by contributing to SSDI through payroll deductions over the course of your employment history, then you may be eligible for disability benefits. If you do not qualify for SSDI due to insufficient work credits, you may still be eligible to receive SSI.

Apply for Torrance Social Security Disability Benefits

Long and complex is the Torrance Social Security Disability benefits application process, through having the help of a Torrance disability lawyer in filing your claim can shorten the review process and increase your chances of receiving benefits. The SSA Region 9 office only approves about 30 percent of the initial applications it reviews. The remaining 70 percent of applicants must go through a second review. About 12 percent are deemed eligible for SSD benefits after the reconsideration of their file. All others will need to file an appeal, which will send their claim before an administrative law judge for a final determination on eligibility.

Most of the applicants who are denied SSD benefits receive that determination due to a lack of adequate medical documentation in their case file. A Torrance disability lawyer can review your application, educate you on the process and boost your chances of receiving SSD benefits. He or she will guide you through the entire review and appeals processes, ensuring all your documentation is in order and meets the SSA’s eligibility guidelines. If need be, your Torrance Social Security Disability attorney can argue your appeal and help you prepare for testimony in front of the administrative law judge as well.

Listed below is the contact information for the local Social Security office which accepts Torrance Social Security disability applications:

Torrance Social Security Disability
22600 Crenshaw Blvd,
Torrance, CA 90505

Torrance Social Security Disability Resources

To be eligible for disability benefits your application with the SSA must contain sufficient documentation regarding medical diagnoses and treatments. You’ll be required to show you’ve received ongoing medical care for the conditions that cause your disability. Paying for medical services with limited financial resources is very challenging. Here are some of the Torrance disability resources for low cost and free medical treatment.

South Bay Family Healthcare Center
23430 Hawthorne Blvd, #210,
Torrance, CA 90505

Harbor UCLA Medical Center
1000 W Carson St, # 8E8,
Torrance, CA 90509

Your Torrance Disability Claim

Having your disability application put together properly increases your chances of being found eligible for SSD benefits, including having all of the right medical documentation present in your claim. A Torrance Social Security disability attorney will ensure your application is as fool proof as possible and will do so without charging any upfront fees for his or her services. In fact, a Torrance disability attorney is not paid unless you receive disability benefits.