North Charleston Social Security Disability

North Charleston, South Carolina is the third largest city in the state and encompasses portions of three counties: Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester. With a population of nearly 98,000 as of the 2010 census, North Charleston’s economy is primarily driven by businesses in the aerospace, computer technology, manufacturing, telecommunications, education and healthcare industries.

The North Charleston community is serviced by the Region 4 District Office of the Social Security Administration, which is physically located in Atlanta, GA. The regional office is assigned more than 16,700 new claims for Social Security Disability benefits annually from South Carolina and distributes payments to more than 193,300 beneficiaries.

Social Security Disability Insurance is paid to individuals who suffer from complete or long term disability and who have been unable to work for an extended period as a result. If you have a qualifying disability and have built up sufficient work credits by contributing to the SSDI fund through payroll deductions over the course of your employment history, then you may be eligible for disability benefits. If you do not qualify for SSDI due to insufficient work credits, you may still be eligible to receive Supplemental Security Income.

Apply for North Charleston Social Security Disability Benefits

Long and complex is the application process for North Charleston Social Security Disability benefits. Having the help of a North Charleston disability lawyer in filing your claim can shorten the review process and increase your chances of receiving benefits.

The SSA Region 4 office only approves about 27 percent of the initial applications it reviews. The remaining 73 percent of applicants must go through a second review. About 11 percent are deemed eligible for SSDI benefits after the reconsideration of their file. All others will need to file an appeal, which will send their claim before an Administrative Law Judge for a final determination on eligibility.

Most of the applicants who are denied SSDI benefits receive this determination due to inadequate medical documentation in their case file. A North Charleston disability lawyer can review your application, educate you on the process and boost your chances of receiving SSDI benefits.

A North Charleston disability lawyer will guide you through all reviews and appeals, ensuring all your documentation is in order and meets the SSA’s eligibility guidelines. If need be, your North Charleston Social Security Disability attorney can argue your appeal and help you prepare for testimony in front of the ALJ as well.

Listed below is the contact information for the local Social Security office which accepts North Charleston Social Security Disability applications:

North Charleston Social Security Disability Office
1463 Tobias Gadson Blvd.
Charleston, SC 29407

North Charleston Social Security Disability Resources

To be eligible for disability benefits, your application with the SSA must contain sufficient documentation regarding medical diagnoses and treatments. You’ll be required to show you’ve received ongoing medical care for the medical conditions that cause your disability. Paying for medical services with limited financial resources is very challenging. Here are some of the North Charleston disability resources for low cost and free medical treatment.

Lowcountry Health Center
2777 Speissegger Dr.
North Charleston, SC 29405
(843) 744-5830

Enterprise Health Center
2047 Comstock Ave.
North Charleston, SC 29405
(843) 308-2400

North Park Village Health Center
3963 Whipper Barony Ln.
North Charleston, SC 29405
(843) 740-1580

The Harvest Free Medical Clinic
1670 Drydock Ave, Building 10.
North Charleston, SC 29405
(843) 747-3526

Your North Charleston Disability Claim

Having your disability application put together properly increases your chances of being found eligible for SSDI benefits, including having all of the right medical documentation present in your claim. A North Charleston Social Security attorney will ensure your application is as fool proof as possible and will do so without charging any upfront fees for his or her services. In fact, a North Charleston Social Security lawyer is not paid unless you receive disability benefits.