Madison Social Security Disability

Madison may be the second largest city in Wisconsin to Milwaukee, but is the capital city. Madison is named after one of the great Founding Fathers of the United States Constitution, James Madison. The population of Madison is 233,209 as of the most up-to-date U.S. census data. The Wisconsin State government and The University of Wisconsin are the two of the city’s top economic providers.

The Social Security Administration (SSA) has reported that more than 100,000 residents in the State of Wisconsin are currently receiving Social Security Disability benefits. In order to qualify for either Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits from the SSA you must suffer from a disability that prevents you from performing any type of substantial gainful activity (SGA) and your condition must be expected to last a minimum of 12 months. Your disabling condition must also fall under the SSA’s “Blue Book” of medical conditions or your condition must meet the equivalent of one of the listed conditions. For SSDI, you must have worked at a job for 5 out of the last 10 years during which you paid FICA taxes. For SSI, your work history will not be considered. Instead, your net worth must be less than $2,000.

If you are approved for Social Security Disability benefits, your benefits will begin after the six-month waiting period (six months from the onset of your disability) and those benefits will continue until your condition improves and you are able to resume substantial gainful activity. If your condition does not improve, your Social Security Disability benefits will continue until you reach retirement age, at which point your benefits will be converted into Social Security retirement payments.

Apply for Madison Social Security Disability Benefits

If you are in need of Social Security Disability benefits in the Madison area, you should consider retaining the services of a qualified Madison Social Security attorney. The Social Security Disability application process can be very overwhelming and the forms can be confusing. As a result, nearly 70 percent of the initial applications received by the SSA each year are denied. By retaining the services of a qualified Madison Disability lawyer, you can increase your chances of being among the 30 percent of applicants that are approved during the initial stage of the application process.

Although it is highly recommended that you retain the services of a Madison Social Security attorney before you file your initial disability application, many applicants choose to wait until their initial application has been denied before seeking legal representation. Unfortunately, a lack of legal representation can result in a longer wait for benefits to begin. If you do not have legal help during the initial application process and your claim is denied, it is likely that you will have to attend a disability hearing in order to obtain the benefits that you may be entitled to. It is very important to have proper legal representation at this hearing if you hope to successfully overturn the SSA’s decision to deny your disability benefits.

When you retain the services of a Madison Social Security attorney, your lawyer will represent you through each stage of the disability claim and appeal process. Your lawyer will ensure that your documents and/or appeals are all filed properly and will prepare you for your hearing before an administrative law judge (ALJ). Fortunately, nearly two-thirds of these hearings are decided in the favor of the disability applicant. It is important to remember, however, that your chances of being among those who receive a favorable decision from the administrative law judge are significantly decreased without proper legal representation.

For Madison residents who are in need of Social Security Disability benefits, the office where you need to discuss your claim is located at 6011 Odana Rd in the city of Madison, Wisconsin.

Madison Social Security Disability Resources

It is important to note that you will need current medical evidence when filing your Social Security Disability claim with the SSA. If you are out of work and do not have medical insurance, getting access to necessary medical documentation can be a problem. Below is a list of some low-cost clinics that may be able to help you in your efforts to obtain the medical evidence that you will need:

Access Community Medical Center
1421 S. Park St
Madison WI 53715

Madison Community Health Center
2202 S. Park St.
Madison WI 53713

MEDiC Outreach Program - U of Wisconsin School of Medicine
750 Highland Ave
Madison WI 53705

Our Lady Of Hope Clinic
6425 Odana Rd 3
Madison WI 53719

Ronald McDonald Care Mobile
600 Highland Ave
Madison WI 53792

South Side Medical Clinic
2202 South Park Street
Madison WI 53705

WIC Dental Clinic
2202 S. Park St.
Madison WI 53703

Your Madison Disability Claim

It is important to understand that your best chances of having your Social Security Disability claim approved is to utilize the services of a qualified Madison disability attorney. Your attorney will be able to help you determine whether or not your claim is worth pursuing and if you do have a case, your lawyer will help you prepare your paperwork and file it on your behalf. If your initial claim for Social Security Disability benefits is denied, your Madison disability lawyer will be able to represent you through each stage of the Social Security Disability appeal process.

Initial consultations with Social Security attorneys are always free and they are not paid unless you are awarded benefits. If your disability claim is approved, then your attorney will be paid either 25% of the back pay you are awarded or $6,000, whichever is less. Click here for a free disability evaluation by a qualified attorney or advocate in your area.