Davenport Social Security Disability

Davenport, Iowa, which sits along the Mississippi River, is the largest city and the seat of government in Scott County. The city reported a population of nearly 100,000 in 2010 and the manufacturing, healthcare, fast moving consumer goods and education industries play the most prominent roles in the local economy.

The Davenport community is serviced by the Region 7 office of the Social Security Administration (SSA), with the regional office being physically located in Kansas City, MO. The regional office is assigned more than 6,700 new claims for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) annually from the Davenport area and distributes payments to more than 86,200 beneficiaries.

SSDI is paid to individuals who suffer from complete or long term disability and who have been unable to work for an extended period as a result. If you have a qualifying disability and have built up sufficient work credits by contributing to SSDI through payroll deductions over the course of your employment history, then you may be eligible for disability benefits. If you do not qualify for SSDI due to insufficient work credits, you may still be eligible to receive SSI.

Apply for Davenport Social Security Disability Benefits

Long and complex is the application process for Davenport Social Security Disability benefits. Having the help of a Davenport disability lawyer in filing your claim can shorten the review process and increase your chances of receiving benefits.

The SSA Region 7 office only approves about 32 percent of the initial applications it reviews. The remaining 68 percent of applicants must go through a second review. About 9 percent are deemed eligible for SSD benefits after the reconsideration of their file. All others will need to file an appeal, which will send their claim before an administrative law judge for a final determination on eligibility.

Most of the applicants who are denied SSD benefits receive that determination due to inadequate medical documentation in their case file. A Davenport disability lawyer can review your application, educate you on the process and boost your chances of receiving SSD benefits. He or she will guide you through all reviews and appeals, ensuring all your documentation is in order and meets the SSA’s eligibility guidelines. If need be, your Davenport Social Security Disability attorney can argue your appeal and help you prepare for testimony in front of the administrative law judge as well.

Listed below is the contact information for the local Social Security office which accepts Davenport Social Security disability applications:

Davenport Social Security Disability Office
4319 N Brady St,
Davenport, IA 52806

Davenport Social Security Disability Resources

To be eligible for disability benefits your application with the SSA must contain sufficient documentation regarding medical diagnoses and treatments. You’ll be required to show you’ve received ongoing medical care for the conditions that cause your disability. Paying for medical services with limited financial resources is very challenging. Here are some of the Davenport disability resources for low cost and free medical treatment.

Community Health Care
500 W River Dr,
Davenport, IA 52801-1014

Community Health Care - Regional Virology Clinic
Genesis W Pavilion, Suite 360,
Davenport, IA 52804

Community Health Care
4205 N Fairmount,
Davenport, IA 52806

Adult Rehabilitation Center
4001 N Brady St,
Davenport, IA 52806

Your Davenport Disability Claim

Having your disability application put together properly increases your chances of being found eligible for SSD benefits, including having all of the right medical documentation present in your claim. A Davenport Social Security disability attorney will ensure your application is as fool proof as possible and will do so without charging any upfront fees for his or her services. In fact, a Davenport disability attorney is not paid unless you receive disability benefits.