Durham Social Security Disability

The city of Durham is the county seat of Durham County. It is the fifth-largest city in the State of North Carolina. Durham is also a popular tourist destination, attracting nearly 7 million visitors each year. The city is home to a number of interesting venues including historical sites, art museums, theatres and sports venues.

The Social Security Administration has reported that nearly 200,000 people in the State of North Carolina receive Social Security Disability benefits. In order to qualify for Social Security Disability in Durham, you must suffer from a disability that completely prevents you from performing any type of work activity and that disability must be expected to last for a minimum of at least twelve months. If your disabling condition falls under the SSA’s “Blue Book” of medical conditions or meets the equivalent of one of the listed conditions it will make your disability claim much easier to process. If you are approved for Social Security Disability benefits, your benefits will begin after an initial six-month waiting period, which is counted from the onset date of your disability. These benefits will then continue until your condition improves and you are able to return to work. If your condition does not improve, your Social Security Disability benefits will continue until you reach retirement age, at which point they will be converted into Social Security retirement payments.

Apply for Durham Social Security Disability Benefits

If you are in need of Social Security Disability benefits in the Durham area, you should consider retaining the services of a qualified Durham Social Security Disability attorney before you file your application paperwork. The Social Security Disability application process can be complex and the forms can be confusing. As a result, nearly 70 percent of the initial applications that are received each year are denied by the Social Security Administration. By retaining the services of a qualified Durham Social Security Disability lawyer, you can increase your chances of being among the 30 percent of applicants who are approved for benefits during the initial stage of the disability claim process.

Most disability applicants do not realize that the services of an attorney can increase their chances of success during the initial stage of the application process. That is why so many people choose to wait until they have been denied benefits during the initial stage of the application process. What these applicants don’t realize is that waiting to hire an attorney can result in waiting longer for disability benefits to begin. When your initial claim for benefits is denied, it is likely that you will have to attend a disability hearing in order to obtain the benefits you are entitled to. The waiting periods for such a hearing range from one to two years. The services of a Durham Social Security lawyer during the initial stage of the application process can eliminate the need for a disability hearing, thereby eliminating the waiting times that are associated with the disability appeal process.

When you retain the services of a Durham Social Security lawyer, your lawyer will represent you throughout your disability application and, if necessary, through each stage of the disability appeal process. Your lawyer will ensure that your documents are filed properly and he or she will be able to prepare you for your hearing before an administrative law judge if your initial application for benefits is denied. Fortunately, approximately 60 percent of hearings are decided in the favor of the disability applicant. It is important to remember, however, that your chances of being among that 60 percent are significantly decreased without proper legal representation.

For Durham residents who are in need of Social Security Disability benefits, the office where you can discuss your claim is located at 3004 Tower Boulevard in the city of Durham

.

It is important to note that you will need current medical evidence when filing a disability claim and any disability appeals. If you are out of work and do not have medical insurance or income that is needed to get access to necessary medical documentation, there are many low-cost clinics that can help. Below are some low-cost clinics that can help you in your efforts to obtain the medical evidence that you will need:

EARLY INTERVENTION CLINIC
414 E. Main St.
Durham, NC 27701-3720
919-560-7688

WALLTOWN CLINIC
815 Broad St.
Durham, NC 27705-4137
919-956-4001

LINCOLN COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER, INC.
1301 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707-2325
919-956-4001

LYON PARK CLINIC
1313 Halley St.
Durham, NC 27707-1227
919-956-4001

Your Durham, North Carolina Disability Claim

The statistics can be disheartening. With nearly 70 percent of initial disability claims being denied, it is no wonder that many Durham applicants feel as though they are fighting a losing battle. It is important to recognize, however, that the disability claim process does not have to be nearly as frustrating or overwhelming as it appears. The services of a qualified Durham disability attorney can increase your chances of a favorable application decision or, if necessary, a favorable Social Security Disability appeal.