Chesapeake Social Security Disability

Chesapeake, Virginia is home to 22 miles of waterways that draw in a number of visitors each and every year. Even Edgar Allen Poe is said to have visited the city, with the Dismal Swamp providing inspiration for some of his writings. In addition to a number of scenic spots, Chesapeake is also home to many fine eateries and hosts events and festivals throughout the year.

The Social Security Administration has reported that nearly 130,000 of the people living in the State of Virginia receive Social Security Disability benefits. If a Chesapeake resident hopes to qualify for Social Security Disability benefits, they must meet the Social Security Administration’s determining criteria. In order to do this, an applicant must suffer from one of the conditions listed in the SSA’s Blue Book and the condition must be expected to last a minimum of one year. If an applicant’s condition is not listed in the Blue Book but still prevents them from performing any type of work activity, they may still qualify for benefits but it may be harder to obtain the benefits they are entitled to.

If you do manage to prove that your disability qualifies you for Social Security Disability benefits, then you will likely be awarded Social Security Disability from the Social Security Administration. Your disability payments will start after an initial six-month waiting requirement has been met. This six-month period is counted from the date of your disability onset and will continue until your disability is approved. If you have already been disabled for a period of six months or more when you are approved for benefits, your benefits can begin immediately.

Apply for Chesapeake Social Security Disability Benefits

If you are in need of Social Security Disability benefits in the Chesapeake area, you should consider discussing your disability case with a qualified Chesapeake Social Security Disability attorney prior to the submission of your disability claim. Nearly 70 percent of applicants are denied disability benefits during the initial stage of the application process. The services of a Chesapeake Social Security Disability lawyer can increase your chances of being among the 30 percent of applicants who are approved.

The Social Security Disability application process can be very difficult and confusing. There are many different forms to fill out and the answers must be presented properly. In addition, applicants need to ensure that they provide the SSA with proper medical evidence. If you fail to provide proper evidence or do not answer the questions on the claim forms properly, your benefits will be denied and you will need to pursue a disability appeal. Your best chances of avoiding the need for an appeal are with the services of a Chesapeake Social Security attorney.

If your initial claim for disability benefits has already been denied, it is not too late to hire a Chesapeake Social Security lawyer. In fact, you will want to have a lawyer representing you through each stage of your disability appeal, which will likely consist of a Request for Reconsideration and a disability hearing. Statistics show that applicants who have legal representation at this hearing are more likely to be awarded benefits than those who choose to represent themselves.

When you retain the services of a Chesapeake disability attorney, your lawyer will work with you to help you through each step of your Social Security Disability appeal. Your attorney will also work to obtain the medical evidence that you will need to prove your case to the Social Security Administration.

The Social Security office that handles claims for Chesapeake disability applicants is located at 3305 Airline Boulevard in the city of Portsmouth.

When you file for Social Security Disability, you will need to present the SSA with up-to-date medical records. If you do not have insurance, getting up-to-date medical records can be cost-prohibitive. Fortunately there are many low-cost medical clinics that can help. Some of the low-cost medical clinics in the Chesapeake area include:

Chesapeake Care Free Clinic
2145 Military Hwy S.
Chesapeake VA 23320
757-545-5700

South Norfolk Pediatric Center
2040 Battlefield Blvd.
Chesapeake VA 23324
757-543-1481

Your Chesapeake Disability Claim

The application process for Social Security Disability benefits can be stressful and overwhelming. The slightest mistake can result in your benefits being delayed for months if not years. The stress and frustration of the process can be significantly alleviated with the help of a qualified Chesapeake Social Security Disability attorney. When you hire a Chesapeake Social Security Disability lawyer, he or she will go over your disability claim with you, helping you address any potential weak spots in your claim and ensuring that your claim is presented to the SSA in the best light possible. Because these professionals work on a contingency basis, collecting only 25 percent of the back pay that you are awarded by the Social Security Administration (up to a maximum limit of $6,000), there is no reason to avoid seeking out the help of these knowledgeable legal professionals.